Phosphonates are multi-functional agents for controlling metal ions. By definition, they contain at least a functional group, PO3H2, linked to a carbon atom. This fundamental chemical structure is one of the reasons why the main characteristics of phosphonates are:
> Threshold Effect:
Capacity for very small amounts of sedimentation inhibitors to maintain large amounts of sediment in solution.
> Stability in aqueous systems under high temperatures, pressures and extreme pHs.
> Major sequestration/dispersion/deflocculation:
The sequestration (or chelation) is the process of using a compound to form a complex with the water-soluble metal ion. The dispersion is the property by which the phosphonates make the growth of agglomerations of glass and particles more difficult. The phosphonates are strongly adsorbed by the surfaces and strong repelling charges are created. The phosphonates also have the capacity to disperse and maintain these systems in a state of dispersion for long periods of time.
> Highly soluble in aqueous systems
> Control of corrosion:
Corrosion is produced when metal is attacked by oxygen from water. Phosphonates, on their own or combined, are excellent corrosion inhibitors.
Our phosphonates are classified in three groups:
> Standard phosphonates obtained by synthesis
> Phosphonates obtained by reaction
> Mixtures and Specialities
> STANDARD PHOSPHONATES OBTAINED BY SYNTHESIS
· DYTCATIO A-50 Phosphonate ATMP 50%.
· DYTCATIO H-60 Phosphonate HEDP 60%
· DYTCATIO AM Phosphonate PBTC 50%
> PHOSPHONATES OBTAINED BY REACTION
· DYTCATIO AS-45 Phosphonate with optimal dispersion properties. Used in formulas as a corrosion inhibitor. Multi-use product in different applications.
· DYTCATIO HS-37 Phosphonate particularly used for polishes, window-cleaning and cleaning surfaces. Multi-use product in different applications.
· DYTCATIO D-22 Phosphonate stabiliser of hydrogen peroxide in neutral form.
> MIXTURES AND SPECIALTIES
· DYTCATIO AO-45 Special oxidised phosphonate with two main functions: it is stable against sodium hypochlorite, and thus can stabilise it and replaces NTA/EDTA
· DYTCATIO AO-38 Modified phosphonate, stable in hypochlorite and with a strong chelation power of the Fe cation.
· DYTCATIO AO-40 Phosphonate for the textile industry, recommended for dyeing processes, because it does not interfere with metallic dyes (it does not de-metallise).
· DYTCATIO TN-35 Mixture of modified Phosphonates used in several formulas. It can replace the DTPMP7Na molecule.